Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SFS 2015 & Late IHSW

Hi all!!

How is everyone doing? Let's start with the numbers...

Month: April

Carry Forward: $101.54 ($76.54 + $25.00 current month budget)

Spent: $ 16.50
Floss: 5 skeins from Mo's Sale
Pillow Tucks from FB Group
Patterns: 2 Silhouette patterns from Etsy 

Earned: $ $12.00
Monthly Cupcakes January and February ($2.00 each)
All Hallow's Eve $4.00
Valentine SAL for Q4OC $4.00

Carry Forward into April: $97.04

Looking at my numbers I am doing pretty good with keeping within budget. I like that I am finishing about the same amount that I am spending.

Now, this month I also signed up to participate in IHSW on the weekend of the 17th. I have to laugh though, because the only time I have signed up I only put in about 20 stitches on one project. There was no excuse since all house work had been completed through out the week and we had no where to go. It seems as if I lost my stitching mojo for about a week. Yikes! So what I think I will do for now on is not sign up officially but participate in my small corner of the world in spirit. lol

Now onto some pictures...

I started a FB SAL where each of us pick an Ink Circle's pattern and all start on the same day. My pick was Blue Morpho. I haven't made as much progress as I feel I could have but it is still good progress. First picture is the finished result as charted and the second is my version. I didn't like the green that makes up most of the design so I changed it to Freedom. (I am doing an all blue version)




Next up is my first finish...All Hallow's Eve by Lizzi*Kate. Stitched on a piece of 18ct Aida that I dyed myself sometime ago. Didn't like how it turned out for the original project. Kept it in case I could use it for something else.  These one color Halloween designs work perfectly on it.


I really thought I took a picture of January's design, but I can't seem to find it anywhere right now. I must have moved the picture off my phone to my computer at home. I put a quarter next to February to show how small the design is. Aren't these cute? Was able to complete Feb and start March in the same day. (This weekend I had turbo needles).



I was able to finish Q4OC Valentine SAL. I used all the same colors as Baby Girl's Heart from last month. I still don't know what the color of the blue is but don't you just love it?


Below are the beautiful floss I purchased from Mo's Sale this last week. Such pretty colors. I can't wait to use them in a project. I think I might just have to go through a couple of patterns that are waiting on floss and kit them up with more of her floss.


The two patterns I purchased (today actually) I will be using in my charity stitching will show the completed designs hopefully within the next week or two.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you for sticking with me till the end.

Ta Ta for now,
Angela CG in TX

Don't interfere in the affairs of Dragons
...for you are Crunchy and taste good with ketchup

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

so pretty your stitching, you are doing well with your budget,

Justine said...

I like your Ink Circles choice, and your hand-dyed fabby looks amazing with that Halloween design!

Deb said...

Well done on your SFS!
Very pretty stitching! Congrats on your finishes!

Faith... said...

Your Ink Circle's piece looks great! Can't wait to see more of it. Great job on your SFS budget.